REFLECTOR: ipad

Grover McNair grover at mcnairperformance.com
Mon Jun 17 13:14:50 CDT 2013

I have been using the Garmin Pilot program for about 3 years. My flying
buddy has the Foreflight program. We have compared the two over many hours
of IFR and VFR flight together. I have to give the nod to Foreflight as the
better program. I will stay with Garmin though because I bought the GDL39
ADS-B antenna (which is also a gps antenna). The advantage is that the
Garmin GTN650 GPS in my Velocity panel can receive the data as well and I do
not have to pay a $50/month subscription fee for weather data. Foreflight
has the same antenna option with the Stratus.

By the way the founder of Foreflight is speaking this Thursday evening at
Wings of Carolina Flying Club, KTTA, Sanford, NC.

Grover McNair

  _____