REFLECTOR: ldg gear display poll

vance atkinson nostromo56 at tx.rr.com
Mon Jun 10 11:25:42 CDT 2013

Heres a pic of my ldg. gear indicator.  I only retract the nose gear so
I only need one arrow for that gear.  If I had 3 gears I would have 3
arrows or 3 separate lights.

All the jets Ive flown show the gear lights, when its up and locked and
the gear doors are where their supposed to be...  blank or lights out.

The in transit red light will normally come on when the gear is NOT in
the Down and locked, and NOT in the up and locked.  This is important
because if that transit light stays on....you can look forward to a
problem landing, and you Will be landing at some point.

Once the gear is up and locked and everything is where it should be, the
amber arrow pointing up (showing that the gear is up and gear doors in
the up and locked position)  will extinguish after one minute.

   If there is a problem with the gear or gear doors when retracting,
say the in transit light stays on. An alarm will sound aural and flash,
and cycle every 3 minutes until the problem is taken care of.

Steve Korney covered it in his last post...
Green= Down and locked
Red  = Everything else !

Vance Atkinson