REFLECTOR: Gear annunicators - Poll

Don Johnston numa at comcast.net
Sat Jun 8 15:49:58 CDT 2013

I'm working on designing my annunicator panel and I'm stuck on the gear
indicators. I've got the "Gear Down" part, but I can't decide about the...
not down part.

Other planes I've flown have had different approaches.  Such as in addition
to the "Gear Down", they would also have a "Gear Up".

Some have "Gear Down", "Gear Up" and "Gear In Transit" (AKA "Gear
Unsafe").

While others have "Gear Down" and "Gear In Transit". The absence of either
being an implicit gear up. I see the advantage of this method being that in
flight with no problems, there are no indicators on.

Just wondering what others think about gear lights.

-Don Johnston