REFLECTOR: 4000 Lumen LED Landing/Taxi Lights

Laura Walker blwalker105 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 4 21:51:47 CDT 2013

The company president updated me on some of the Clearwater Darla's characteristics:

Concerning the beam pattern:  85% of the lighting output is within 15 degrees of centerline, the other 15% is spread out to 45 degrees.

On a positive note for the FG group, these can be flush-mounted in tightly-cowled gear pants. They employ full Pulse Width Modulation, and thus will progressively dim if overheated. They will never turn off completely. Most ground-ops, where airflow is limited, would be at far reduced light output. Flying speeds would regain full output capability very quickly.

I will post pics, videos, both ground and in flight as soon as feasible.

Bill Walker

Sent from my iPad