REFLECTOR: engine break in

James Traynor jtetraynor at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 28 01:39:36 CDT 2013

3 Years ago I had my 0-320 done. We ran mineral for the fist 10 and then dumped it then mineral for 15 and dumped it then 15/50 for 25 and dumped it then 15/50 for 50 and dumped it    The engine now has 400 hours with oil changes every 50 hours of run time
Compression on inspection is July 3 / 2013  78/80 78/80 78/80 78/80. The engine uses 1 3/4 liters of oil in 50 hours .

I also used Slick/50 at 200 hours as this has worked great on other engines.

The rebuild shop told us to run the engine at full power for the first 25 Hours and not to over heat the engine to allow the rings to seat.   I wish you luck and hope others have suggestions for you.
James