REFLECTOR: Insurance Question

Dennis King kitfox94 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 22 11:38:40 CDT 2013

I got liability coverage from Avemco for just under $800/yr with about 300 hrs tt, 7 hrs RG time, and the Velocity factory training (part of the 7 hrs RG time). They won't provide hull coverage on an experimental airplane. They usually want at least 10 hrs RG time, but after some negotiation they dropped that requirement because of the factory training. It may have helped that I previously insured my Kitfox with them with no claims. The liability coverage does not cover lawsuits from passengers, but they offer a $25K/passenger medical policy for an additional $750/yr.