REFLECTOR: Insurance Question

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Jul 22 10:28:46 CDT 2013

I know a couple guys having problems getting insurance as co-owners of a
Velocity STD RG.

They both have about 350 hours TT, with 100+ complex.

Nobody appears willing to offer them a quote?  Per their story they are
being told 500 or 1,000 hrs TT minimum?  I'm having a hard time
believing this?

Anybody here recently get a "new" insurance policy for their RG with
similar or less hours?  Geoff just posted he got a policy last year with
100 hrs TT.

A few relevant questions...

How many TT and complex hours did you have when you got the policy?

Did you get Hull insurance?

Did you take the factory training?

Have you ever had a prior claim?

Who did you get your policy with?

I would greatly  appreciate any info, posted here or sent to me directly
at scott at tnstaafl.net.

I will anonymize anythign I forward to the two guys searching for a policy.

thanks,

Scott