REFLECTOR: Insurance update

Geoff Gerhardt geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 07:42:21 CDT 2013

When I insured my plane last year, I had 100hrs TT, 10hrs in retract and
factory training.  Avemco gave me a policy ($1M liability only, no hull)
for ~$900/yr.  I called them a few months ago and told them I now had
175hrs TT, 75hrs in type, and they lowered my premiums a bit ($850ish).

I think now that I have close to 200hrs and 100hrs complex, that will open
up other options.  I think EAA wanted a minimum of 50hrs complex and 150hrs
TT to insure a retract (I could be wrong on those exact numbers, tho).

Geoff