REFLECTOR: Starter contactor

Don Johnston numa at comcast.net
Thu Jul 18 12:25:03 CDT 2013

True.

But why does this seem to be such a significant issue?  My Cessna has the
battery contactor in the back and starter contactor in the front. And it's
a metal airplane. So if the insulation gets nicked there's a much greater
chance of a short than in a composite aircraft.

It just seems that putting the starter contactor on the firewall will
reduce the number of (big) wires in the duct.  That's gotta be a good
thing, right?

-Don