REFLECTOR: wheel pants

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Tue Jul 16 17:59:21 CDT 2013

First, Mine is the 173 FGE. Shouldn't matter, but just so you know. Cut & paste the links if they don't open.

Here is the spring loaded valve door:

http://tinypic.com/r/2hh0mft/5

Here it is Open:

http://tinypic.com/r/2gvu5up/5

Front View:

http://tinypic.com/r/2gxmamq/5

Inner View:

http://tinypic.com/r/15yg23b/5

Basically, I had to re-do the wheel pants anyway since they would not fit or clear the brakes.
Once I got the general shape finished, You can see how they now come apart. Standard flange and lip setup.
The nice thing is, you attach the inner piece, stock fashion with 2 screws.
Then attach the outer with one screw.
Then all the rest of the screws line up to hold it tight.

Beefed up attach points of course.

The front pant is pretty stock, except for a spring loaded door. I also beefed up the attach points on the side using glassed in/over pieces of Oak. Displaces the load on the attach screws along a much larger area. Beefed up the front attach point with as many layers of glass as would fit.

Hope that is enough info. Let me know if you need anything else.

Kurt