REFLECTOR: Experimental aircraft leasing

Scott Baker scottb33333 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 06:30:42 CDT 2013

It is my legally unqualified opinion, following talks with the local
FSDO and having entered into lease agreements between the factory and
Velocity owner(s) on several occasions, it is okay to lease (as opposed
to 'rent') an experimental aircraft to another party.  This does not
mean that the aircraft may be operated for Commercial purposes.
I don't know if these lease agreements would have passed legal scrutiny
under a magnified glass - but the insurance companies did not take issue.
FWI from a non-attorney.
Scott B.