REFLECTOR: To Brett

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 11:06:28 CST 2013

Brett, Congrats,
I thought of this and thought I'd pass it to the group in light of your
accomplishment. I know many have seen it already, still amusing;

When I grow up I want to be a pilot because it’s a fun job and easy to do.
That’s why there are so many pilots flying around these days.

Pilots don’t need much school. They just have to learn to read numbers so
they can read their instruments.

I guess they should be able to read a road map, too.

Pilots should be brave to they won’t get scared if it’s foggy and they
can’t see, or if a wing or motor falls off.

Pilots have to have good eyes to see through the clouds, and they can’t be
afraid of thunder or lightning because they are much closer to them than we
are.

The salary pilots make is another thing I like. They make more money than
they know what to do with. This is because most people think that flying a
plane is dangerous, except pilots don’t because they know how easy it is.

I hope I don’t get airsick because I get carsick and if I get airsick, I
couldn’t be a pilot and then I would have to go to work.

— purported to have been written by a fifth grade student at Jefferson
School, Beaufort, SC. It was first published in the South Carolina Aviation
News.

[image: Inline image 1]