REFLECTOR: XLFG Project for sale

Keith Hallsten keithhallsten at quiknet.com
Sat Jan 26 13:16:41 CST 2013

All,

I have reached the conclusion that I am not going to be the one to finish by
Velocity XL FG project, so it's looking for a new owner.  It's at Lincoln,
CA - north of Sacramento.

The fuselage is basically complete, with the doors installed and the engine
hung.  All flying surfaces are complete and finished through primer, ready
for final sanding and paint.  It's currently standing on the gear legs, with
wheels removed.  I have the toe brake pedals installed and plumbed.  I have
the Matco 323-A multi-plate brakes and wheels.  All of the windows are
installed except a pair of down-looking windows I planned to put in the
strake bottoms for the rear-seat passengers.  I have the trim frames for the
doors, windshield, and side windows, but no interior work has been done.

The engine is an IO-540 built up by LYCON Aircraft Engines of Visalia, which
has been run in their test cell more than 5 hours, then pickled.  It
produced 292 hp with the SS 3-to-1 exhausts (by Custom Aircraft Parts of El
Cajon) and the LASAR ignitions.  I have a 60-amp B&C belt-driven main
alternator installed, plus an 8-amp backup alternator on the vacuum pump
pad.  The fuel system is mostly plumbed, with a fuel filter, Flo-Scan flow
meter and electric fuel pump installed.  Engine plenum and baffles are
complete.  Cowling is fitted but not installed.  I have a Catto 68" dia x
76" pitch prop with Saber 6" extension and Chris Wade spinner.

The wings are currently removed, but are filled and finished through primer
with the winglets and rudders installed.  Whelen strobe/nav lights are
fitted to the wingtips and a strobe power supply is installed in the back of
the fuselage.  The control hook-ups still  need to be done.  The canard is
also finished through primer, with elevators and counterweights installed.
The "doghouse" is installed on the top of the canard to be removable for
avionics maintenance access.

I have a pre-wired instrument panel with dual GRT EFIS installed in the
plane, but much of the airframe wiring is still to be done.  I have plenty
of mil-spec tefzel wire and accessories to complete the wiring.

In summary, it's a pretty complete package, except for interior and paint.
It can be a good deal for the right person - I will entertain reasonable
offers.

Regards,

Keith Hallsten

Cell (916) 532-1481