REFLECTOR: Velocity MEL (Minimum Equipment List)

Patrick Sieders pjsieders at comcast.net
Sat Jan 12 22:58:55 CST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: John Abraham <john at velocityaircraft.com>
Sent: January 12, 2013 18:54
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Cc: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Velocity MEL (Minimum Equipment List)

91.205 is your answer for this since you don't have a MEL (which the FAA has to approve). And your POH doesn't have equipment listed.

As far as ramp checks. Private aircraft are different than 121 or 135. You don't have to let the FAA in your aircraft. Technically you can't lock the door and walk away and they can do the inspection from the outside.  Your license on the other hand and medical can be subject but you don't have to let them look in your aircraft for anything they can't see through the windows.

John.