REFLECTOR: Landing Gear Pump Not Holding Pressure

Don Johnston numa at comcast.net
Sun Jan 6 19:41:48 CST 2013

Not sure I'm following what's going on here. Where is the system capped? Is
it after the nose door cylinder?

If so, you've got an internal leak in the cylinder.

If you've capped it before any cylinders, and you're not seeing fluid
leaking, then I would say you've got a bad pressure switch.

The pump will run to maintain pressure in either the UP or DOWN side of the
system depending on the position of the switch.

My nose gear cylinder had an internal leak and caused the behavior your
describing.

-Don Johnston