REFLECTOR: IO-550N fuel pump drain

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Fri Feb 22 21:22:42 CST 2013

Don,

I'm  nowhere near installing my engine, but I found and saved a copy of the Lancair ES firewall-forward manual for the C-550N. My plan is to use it side-by-side with the Velocity instructions.

http://box703.bluehost.com/~lancairc/media/builderupdates/ES/ES%20Manual/Firewall_Forward.pdf

Here are some pics of the step you mentioned.

[cid:image001.png at 01CE1149.E3012170]

[cid:image004.jpg at 01CE114B.21E358D0]

Do you have the 45-degree fitting that is pictured? Looks like it's sized for 193-4 StratoFlex hose (A.S. link<http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/strato193.php>) to be pushed on and clamped down.

Again, I've not been through this, so I won't be surprised if you tell me that none of this is helpful or applicable. Just throwin' stuff out there to see if anything sticks.

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 41% complete
Currently working on: Moving the retract pump to gear bulkhead

The Velocity Builders' Virtual Hangar is available 24/7 at:
https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=86a48563bb517ade0abf1a7ee1f38e65