REFLECTOR: Fuel imbalance

Steve like2loop at aol.com
Fri Feb 15 21:27:33 CST 2013

Check the ball in the turn coordinator, where it goes, goes the fuel.
Aileron or opposite rudder from a heavy foot on a long trip will do the same thing. Compare hands off flight on a calm day to flying the autopilot and see if the ball or virtual ball is centered. It can also happen if flying solo or left side heavy, slight right aileron to keep the plane level, then a battle with the rudder to hold course and the ball (and fuel) go skidding.

Steve

Sent from my Galaxy S®III