REFLECTOR: What did you guys use on the threads on your brass brake fittings

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Fri Feb 1 13:54:53 CST 2013

I think I used Permatex #2 to install my brake fittings, but this may be an error on my part. I was doing some oil cooler fittings at the same time, and that called for Permatex #2. I am using NPT-AN fittings and Aeroquip hydraulic lines for my brakes instead of the brass fittings and 3/16 nylon tubes, so maybe this makes a difference.

Do I need to re-do them and use liquid Teflon (as I now see the manual calls for) or yellow Teflon tape or Loctite 567?

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 41% complete
Currently working on: RG hydraulic system

The Velocity Builders' Virtual Hangar<https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=d3a73e710c719626dd353d3b101be90f>. Available 24/7 for builders and owners:
https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=86a48563bb517ade0abf1a7ee1f38e65