REFLECTOR: Electrical Diagram

Patrick Sieders pjsieders at comcast.net
Sun Dec 29 17:16:34 CST 2013

Hello All,

I have been working on my electrical diagram for a while now and I am about
to put it in the airplane. But, it's always nice to have a second look (or a
third, fourth...) , especially someone with experience with the VP-X system.
And so I present to you my simplified main power system. Now I know that
this might spark a discussion about how simple your electrical system should
be, I understand, but that is not what I asked for help.

A little explanation : I wanted to use both my alternators at the same time,
on separate busses. The VP-X as you might know, only accepts one at a time.
So I made a circuit that makes it possible for my backup alternator to
disconnect from the non essential bus (seat heat etc.) and connect to the
main bus in the event my main alternator quits. If the backup alternator
quits as well, then the main battery will be used for emergency power, which
depletes. The backup battery will feed emergency instruments via power input
#2 on those particular instruments, when the power of the main batt drops
below it's own level.

My question is for you to find any scenario and/or electrical situation that
can occur which would be detrimental to the system. Ask me questions if you
have them.

Thanks for your participation, and if I do not speak to you until the new
year, Many blue skies and soft landings for 2014 !

Patrick

Patrick & Dana Sieders

7244 Sugarloaf Drive

Nashville TN 37211