REFLECTOR: Infinity Aerospace Grip

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Fri Dec 27 09:30:53 CST 2013

Yesterday while flying my test flight plan, I was trimming the airplane,
and the cooley hat broke off of the Infinity Aerospace grip.  The hat
didn't break, the stem broke off very near the switch, because there's
about 3/4" of stem remaining with the hat.

I'm actually disappointed.  I expect much better quality than this. I
have seen professional gaming joysticks that take a lot of abuse and
rarely seem to fail.  I did order a new 4-way switch, but am seriously
considering making up a replacement stick out of a pro gaming stick.

Lucky for me, I had trimmed for 105kts, which is close to my approach
speed, so this really didn't affect me.

The other thing is, I emailed JD at Infinity Aerospace, and he pretty
much blew me off saying that they have never had a switch fail the way I
described, and directed me to the page of where to order a replacement.
I know he runs a small ship, but his customer manner could be improved.