REFLECTOR: Cold weather flying

Scott Baker scottb33333 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 12:45:51 CST 2013

The factory XL prototype had an electric cabin heat system. I imagine it was build by modifying a 12V hair dryer. If you have a 12V cigarette power plug, having hair dryer could work out well for windscreen defrosting and supplementing the oil cooler cabin heat. Secret to a warm cabin is minimizing air leaks. If you can eliminate the leaks, a little bit of heat goes a long way.

Scott Baker