REFLECTOR: Roll trim mod suggestions

Brooke Wolf bwolf1 at tds.net
Wed Dec 11 00:42:43 CST 2013

Don

I have the factory setup on mine and it is not a problem.  The string and pulley system may seem a little cheesy but, surprisingly,  it works.  I too was concerned about its utility.  On the ground, without air loads, it seemed to slip quite a bit.  The only thing I did different during the build was to coat the string with  a little belt dressing.  It still slipped (on the ground).  I haven’t touched it since.  It works just fine in the air.  Frankly, since beginning flight, I haven’t given it much thought.  It is just not an issue.  I trim subconsciously in both roll and vertical modes with the standard “coolie hat” switch.  Somehow without thinking about it, the airplane stays trimmed in both modes.

BTW,  the check is in the mail.  Thanks

Brooke