REFLECTOR: Airfoils

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Fri Dec 6 18:47:32 CST 2013

David,

You're probably right that there have been some variations in the canard shape over the years. I don't know if it helps with your research, but I'm including some cross-section photos of my hollow-core (aka Brazilian) canard before I put the wing-tips on. My understanding is that the molds for these canards were made from a standard factory-built foam-core canard, so they should be the same shape. (Side note, I added the clear plastic tube and string that you see in the photos so that I could later run wiring for canard-tip landing lights.)

[cid:image001.png at 01CEF2B7.48A4CD20]

[cid:image002.png at 01CEF2B7.48A4CD20]

I'll send you high-res versions via email.

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 51% complete
Currently working on: Cabin heat ducting

Velocity Owners and Builders Association
http://www.VelocityOwners.com<http://www.velocityowners.com/>

The Velocity Builders' Virtual Hangar is available 24/7 at:
https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=86a48563bb517ade0abf1a7ee1f38e65