REFLECTOR: Insurance

Laura Walker blwalker105 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 27 21:16:10 CDT 2013

I had similar results with Pam Sharpe as others, but she was very effective in helping me sell myself to AUA. We worked with Velocity and settled on a longer 25 hr transition program. We also stressed my vested interest in not wanting to damage my beautiful new bird which had adsorbed 5 years of my life.

I was a 500 hr VFR pilot with no retract time. I have since changed over to Dana Boucher (pronounced boo-shay) at Aviation Solutions LLC but have stayed with the same insuring company.

I pay $ 4600 for 9 months in motion and 12 months not in motion coverage with $5000 deductible on a hull value of $200,000.

That was late 2008 and things are a bit tougher now. As of yesterday Dana thinks we can still work out a similar deal with prospective buyers. Not sure though.

Bill Walker

Sent from my iPad