REFLECTOR: Wasabi Racer - Ken Baker

Bob Jackson (Jax Tech) bobj at JaxTechLLC.com
Sat Aug 24 23:24:15 CDT 2013

I'm curious how Ken's hair turned yellow -- too much Mojave sun, or a little
too close to the fumes?

Congratulations, Ken -- looks like you guys did good!

Bob

  _____

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Baker
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 2:55 PM
To: jerry at jlbent.com; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Wasabi Racer - Ken Baker

On 8/23/2013 9:29 AM, jerry at jlbent.com wrote:

I saw Ken Baker's name mentioned as a member of the team the built the new
Reno F1 racer, Wasabi. I am guessing it is the same Ken Baker that moved
from Velocity to Scaled Composites a few years ago.

I know Scott Baker is on the Reflector and I think Ken still checks it too.
Would one of you confirm Ken's participation and provide more details about
the plane if Ken is the Ken (Brat Boy) we know.

Very cool

http://eaa.org/news/2013/2013-08-20_wasabi-special-emerges-from-mojave-group
-effort.asp

Jerry Brainard
Jerry at JLBEnt.com

Yep.  Guilty.  One in the same Ken.
Elliot Sequin and Jenn Whaley also work at Scaled.
I personally don't know any details of Wasabi beyond that was published in
the article.
Development of the aircraft was very much as small group effort and built on
a modest budget.
Scott B.