REFLECTOR: Nose Gear Doors

Paul Folkes ausvelocity at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 19:35:43 CDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice from the collective wisdom.  I am working on
the nose gear doors.  I have an older, fast-build kit and have to make my
own flange (no problem there). My problem is the hole cut out by the
factory is not square and there are a few dings and chips from moves from
garage to garage to hangar by the previous owner. This all means that there
are some uneven and quite large (up to 1/4 inch) gaps around the
pre-moulded doors that I need to fill and reshape to get the hole square
with nice straight edges.  What is the best process and material for this?
 I am thinking to cover the door piece in duct tape or saran wrap and hot
glue or bondo it into place, wipe cabosil into the gaps around the door,
and then sand square when cured.  Any comments, please?

Thanks,

Paul Folkes
XLRG
VH-VVX