REFLECTOR: Vortex generators location for armpit cooling scoops

jeff findarle flynfindarle at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 15 17:52:59 CDT 2013

OK, So I am trying to understand what is happening here aerodynamically? Sorry, but I am new to all this. It looks like you are trying to disturb the airflow over the fuselage to somehow help air to the cooler? Is this correct and did you see any benefit from it? If it is working, could you maybe take a pic with a measuring tape depicting the distances from the openings. Would be greatly appreciated.

TEAM JEFF,
Jeff Findarle, GRI  &  Darin Heckel
Realtor                                          Realtor

AllStar Realty
575 N main St.
Heber City, UT. 84032

Jeff's Cell     435-503-0514
Darin's Cell  435-671-3957
Off.               435-654-9440
Fax               435-654-9437

Distressed Property Experts, Short Sales a Specialty!
Don't Lose it, Sell it!

>________________________________

previous).  They are in front of my oil cooler inlet on the nose and I
attached a photo to give an idea of what they look like.  They are made of
angle aluminum and attached with silicone rubber cement.  Something 1 1/4"
tall should do it.  The ones in the picture are 1" tall by 1" wide.

>Larry Coen
>N136LC

out in front of the armpit scoops did you place them? Did you make them, or buy
them and if you bought them, where from. Can you please send a photo.

>Thanks,
>
>Andy

  tvbf:jamaicangoose

  archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html