REFLECTOR: Anyone have an ElectroAir Electronic Ignition on an IO-540 or O-540?

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sun Aug 11 13:52:21 CDT 2013

Are you using the timing ring that attaches to the crankshaft?  I have
the 1st generation Electroaire and my timing was too advanced when set
according to the instructions.  You can try a timing light.  Align the
prop with the desired timing and then using white paint or tape, make a
second pair of marks on the side.  Tape the timing gun a few inches from
the marks with the trigger taped.  This way you can view it from a safe
distance on the side.

John