REFLECTOR: Nose Gear Door Question

Paul Folkes ausvelocity at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 03:09:23 CDT 2013

Hi all,

I am working on the nose gear doors, for those that can remember back that
far!  Apart from having to realign the misshapen factory cut out in the
fuselage (ggrrr!!!), the premolded doors do not have the same shape as the
fuselage - they are bowed but not enough and are slightly too flat.  My
question is - how can I increase the bend in them - weight and heat? Cuts
in the foam reinforcing strips, bend to shape and recover with BID? Or
doesn't it matter - am I seeing a problem here that doesn't really exist?

Thanks,

Paul Folkes
XLRG
VH-VVX