REFLECTOR: Anyone have an ElectroAir Electronic Ignition on an IO-540 or O-540?

Jack Prock jackprock at wavecable.com
Sun Aug 11 00:58:07 CDT 2013

Hi,
I purchased a new EI from ElectroAir and I’m having difficulty getting it to work correctly.
The engine will start with much difficulty, and when I switch to the EI only, the engine dies.
So it is starting and running on the Mag alone.
I pulled one of the plugs and can see spark on the plugs, so I know it is trying. So that leaves
the timing. I have read the install manual over and over to see if I have made a mistake with
the timing sensor, but for the life of me, everything looks just like it is supposed to be.
ElectroAir has been very difficult to get ahold of on the phone, so I’m hoping someone
here has done the install successfully, and can help me figure out what is going wrong.
Jack