REFLECTOR: Oshkosh Cookout Thanks

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Sun Aug 4 20:57:41 CDT 2013

The Oshkosh cookout was a tremendous success, thanks to the dozens of folks who showed up early, pitched in, and helped set up (despite the late-afternoon wind and rain).

Special recognition to those who went above and beyond to make this cookout happen:

*         Duane Swing, Scott Swing, John Abraham, and the entire Velocity team for sponsoring the cookout. We couldn't do it without your support.

*         Jerry and Linda Brainard for help in planning, shopping for, and carrying all the food and drinks.

*         Albert and Bree Khasky for bringing the tables, chairs, and donating the fantastic ice cream.

*         Mark and Nancy Riley and their family Katie and Shawn for all-around support. Mark cooked all 80 burgers to perfection as fast as people could eat them. Nancy made sure the buffet table was always fully stocked. Katie and Shawn helped set up and distribute the name tags.

*         Bob Huntingford and Larry Scherr (Mooney-flying guest of the Lorenzes) for cooking 72 brats over a very smoky grill.

*         Everyone who donated $5 or $10 (or in some cases $50!) at the event. Your generous donations ensure we'll continue to have the best group cookout at AirVenture!

The financial report:

$500       Donated by Velocity Inc.
$439       Donated by the event attendees
$939       Total collected

$563       Food and beverages
$167       Plates, cups, napkins, & other supplies
$172       Grills, charcoal, utensils, equipment
$902       Total expenses

$  37       Surplus will be donated to the Reflector
                Left over supplies and reusable equipment will be stored until next year!

I have all the notes on what we needed and how much we consumed so we'll do a better job next year of buying the right stuff in the right amounts. (If anyone wants 3 bags of chips and 12 lbs of left-over cheese slices, contact Albert!)

Already looking forward to AirVenture 2014!

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 47% complete
Currently working on: Investigating Vertical Power's new primary power system announced at Oshkosh.

Velocity Owners and Builders Association
http://www.VelocityOwners.com<http://www.velocityowners.com/>