REFLECTOR: Removing Borrom Winglets

jeff findarle flynfindarle at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 3 08:48:59 CDT 2013

Hello all, The Velocity I purchased in March had a Taxi way Gear up, thus removing the bottom winglets. I have the wings off and am in the middle of reinforcing and smoothing out the unpleasing patch job some one made. My question is - Do the bottom winglets really do anything in the form of flying stability, control or lift? I see many Velocity pics that do not have them, some have small tiny winglets and it was suggested by one owner to have a small downward winglet to stop the air from sliding off the wingtip. I also quized a close friend of mine who has been flying for American for decades. Many Jets do not have down winglets. Some do however. He felt that the upper winglet should suffice to help in the air flow. I really like the look without a bottom winglet, so if I can keep it that way, all the better. Any response from anyone who had them, then ground them off? Suggestions?

TEAM JEFF,
Jeff Findarle, GRI  &  Darin Heckel
Realtor                                          Realtor

AllStar Realty
575 N main St.
Heber City, UT. 84032

Jeff's Cell     435-503-0514
Darin's Cell  435-671-3957
Off.               435-654-9440
Fax               435-654-9437

Distressed Property Experts, Short Sales a Specialty!
Don't Lose it, Sell it!