REFLECTOR: Glazed brakes

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Mon Apr 29 17:00:26 CDT 2013

Just a thought:
As you know, a bolt worked its way out of my right caliper.  I had been
experiencing mushy braking to the right, and now I believe that could be
due to the caliper flexing and not clamping as well to the rotor.  I did
bleed the brakes, but could not get the pedal feel I was looking for.
Since you rebuilt, I'm sure you made sure those bolts are tight, but in
case this helps anyone else.

Since then, I've got the new bolts from Matco with special lock washers
and updated both wheels with them.