REFLECTOR: Door locks

Don Johnston numa at comcast.net
Sun Apr 21 06:45:30 CDT 2013

You definitely want the interlock installed. My Cessna has a similar door
handle and can easily be pulled. But on the Cessna, the door is basically
impossible to open inflight.

With the gullwing doors of a Velocity, if the door is unlatched, it WILL
open.  And then things get VERY interesting.

To simplify things, I made a ramp with my interlock. That way it only has
to be lifted when opening the door latch.  Then again, my door latch system
is somewhat... different. :-)

-Don