REFLECTOR: Fw: [c-a] Added info - VELOCITY 173 FG salvage sale

Jeff Barnes jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 17 13:41:19 CDT 2013

--- On Wed, 4/17/13, J.D. Walker <jdwalker706 at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: J.D. Walker <jdwalker706 at yahoo.com>
Subject: [c-a] Added info - VELOCITY 173 FG salvage sale
To: "canard group" <canard-aviators at yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 11:51 AM

Avionics for sale from this aircraft -

SL 30 NavCom
SL 40 GPS/Com
SL 70 Transponder
Sandel Digital HSI w/interface
PS Eng PS 700 Audio Panel w4 pl intercom
Grand Rapids 4 cyl EMS
Usual "6 pak" flight instruments

Engine info-

Lycoming IO-360 A1B w/Factory logbook, apprx 780 TTSN
Bought by current owner in 2007
Oil Pump gear AD C/W
Owner removed FI, installed Ellison 2008 (FI equipment location unknown)

Owner will entertain any and all serious offers on Avionics and/or Engine or Airframe,
all together or apart -

All,

I have been asked by friend to post here for all to be made aware, that the above specified airplane is for sale after an off-airport landing-  no injuries -

The was no insurance, and the owner is hoping to recover some of his considerable investment in the aircraft.
The pilot managed to put down on a road, but hit an  outboard wing on a post, which tore off the winglet,
The AC then skewed off into a soft plowed field, although it stayed upright, the nosegear and both MLG's sheared off, below the attachment points - the box structures appear to be sound, (needs your inspection, of course), and the one winglet needs repair/reattachment.
The other wing/winglet, and the canard/elevators, both appear to be untouched.
There is damage to bottom skins in the nose area, and to the speed brake itself.
The engine was stopped prior to landing, ( an IO-360, 200HP with Air flow FI set up, fuel starvation ?), and appears to be undamaged at all. It was a new engine, I believe I heard 350 HRS SMOH - can verify).
Prop was a 3 blade Catto, but is damaged.
The interior is a beautifully well done leather, with"sculpted" seats, untouched and looks new..
The panel is a mix of newer, modern and last generation avionics, all good stuff, with an Autopilot, list available on request.

I know a few of you out there could easily repair this AC, personally I don't have the money or I would take it on myself.

The a/c is in secure storage in the S/E Phoenix area and is available for inspection until end of the month, and the caretaker, a very experienced homebuilder/pilot himself whom I trust completely, has been asked to try to sell off all, or parts, at fair pricing.

I have no monetary interest in this posting.
Feel free to contact me and ask any questions, and we can arrange for a viewing,

For a swift response, do NOT reply to this posting, use - mrjdwalker at yahoo.com.
or (602) 663 - 3092

JD Walker
Cozy IV flying