REFLECTOR: Vacuum pump

John Abraham john at velocityaircraft.com
Wed Apr 10 07:57:24 CDT 2013

Bob

What is a vacuum pump?  they still make them?

We had one that ate Rapco vacuum pumps like crazy.  The coupler being exposed doesn't seem to take the heat well and definitely doesn't like back fires. After having to remove it a couple of times to replace the coupler we made a blast tube for cooling air to it and ultimately replaced it with a tempest and haven't had the issue since.

John