REFLECTOR: Main Tire Tubes

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Tue Apr 9 21:47:07 CDT 2013

I need to order some bolts from Matco, and need to fill up at least
$10.  What is the tube that I need to order for the W600XT?

Speaking of replacing bolts.

Yes, there is a reason for those drilled socket head screws.  I had one
of the four screws works its way out into the aluminum wheel.  I was on
a test flight, the longest one yet at 15 minutes due to high oil temps.
When I came in for a landing just as I was about to pull off the runway,
the right wheel seized.  I wasn't going very fast, and there doesn't
appear to be any major damage.

I had safety wired the disc to the wheel, but not the internal socket
screws.  When I re-assemble, I'm going to use some Lock-Tite and safety
wire.  That should keep the screws torqued down. Shouldn't there be a
lock washer there anyway to maintain torque? Safety wire doesn't
maintain torque, and the way these screws are used, they are really put
under a lot of bending forces.