REFLECTOR: Aileron Fences

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Thu Apr 4 12:00:31 CDT 2013

Ron,

You will be more stable at landing speed with VG's. More aileron control in a Velo is a relative term. The Velo is designed to use rudder for landing. I fly an SERG which with the shorter wing does give you more aileron authority on landing then the longer wing XL but then again it is very sluggish compared to a standard spam can.

If you want greater aileron response on landing the cut off your winglets. You will be surprised at how much more your ailerons will move. (Who needs rudders anyway right?)

Richard

Sent from my iPhone 5