REFLECTOR: Flight testing going well...18hrs in, new video

Geoff Gerhardt geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 10:55:19 CDT 2012

Jack,

Good suggestion - I've watched that video before.  This is something I've
taken quite a lot of data on and done enough research and expert
consultation, so I think its safe to say that I likely have a dirty
injector.  I'm first going to clean both the fuel line and injector using a
solvent in an ultrasonic bath, then take more drastic steps if that doesn't
help.  Unfortunately, while I can easily get at the other injectors, I've
got to cut the plenum open to get at #3 - I'll cut it and make a nut-plated
cap, tho, so I can service it easier in the future.

The EGT on this cylinder is always ~100-120F higher than the others.  It
was causing high CHT's, but I've got those pretty much under control thru
plenum changes (it'll still get to 410F on climb out while the others are
in the high 390's).  I suspect once I get the EGT in line. it'll be the
coolest CHT of the lot.

Geoff