REFLECTOR: Shimmy

David Rene Dugas renedugas at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 21:47:37 CDT 2012

The dampener has an open fork design so as the wheel turns it eventually disconnects from the dampener fork and reconnects as it rotates back.  The only problem is if the wheel turns all the way around then it is disconnected which only happens when pushing or pulling the plane.  I guess if you pulled up a hill and turned the nose 90 degrees with one main locked then let the plane roll backwards then pulled back forward it could disconnect while inside the plane during taxi.
Unless you have beta and can back up as previously suggested in another post.

Rene'