REFLECTOR: Continental engine mount off center?

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Thu Sep 6 08:54:58 CDT 2012

I compared the measurements from my rear dynafocal rings to the top and bottom firewall attachment points of the engine mount. Left measurements matched right measurements within 0 - 1/8 inch tolerance. That still may be enough variation that some shimming will be required eventually, but I'm satisfied for now.

Thanks for raising the issue. It's helpful for me to check these things early and be aware during the construction process of any adjustments that may need accommodations.

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 36% complete
Currently working on: Deciding how to attach 4-point seat belts

The Velocity Builders' Virtual Hangar<https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=d3a73e710c719626dd353d3b101be90f>. Available 24/7 for builders and owners:
https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=86a48563bb517ade0abf1a7ee1f38e65

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Don Johnston
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 1:48 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Continental engine mount off center?

I measured from the lower left firewall bolt head (you can measure from the hole) to the left rear dynafocal bolt. Repeat on the right side and compare.

Don

From: Reiff Lorenz <Reiff at Lorenz.com<mailto:Reiff at Lorenz.com>> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>> Cc: Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 08:43:29 -0400 Subject: REFLECTOR: Continental engine mount off center?

I just got a 550 engine mount from the factory. Wonder if mine is off-center, too. What's the best way to check a mount that is not yet mounted? Measure from the firewall attach points to the dyna-focal mounts?

Sent from my Android