REFLECTOR: Continental engine mount off center?

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Wed Sep 5 07:43:29 CDT 2012

I just got a 550 engine mount from the factory. Wonder if mine is off-center, too. What's the best way to check a mount that is not yet mounted? Measure from the firewall attach points to the dyna-focal mounts?

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 36% complete
Currently working on: Seat belt hard points

The Velocity Builders' Virtual Hangar<https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=d3a73e710c719626dd353d3b101be90f>. Available 24/7 for builders and owners:
https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=86a48563bb517ade0abf1a7ee1f38e65

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Brooke Wolf
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2012 9:12 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: To cant or not to cant?

Mine was too Don.  Nothing that can't be fixed by shims.

Brooke

From: Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net<mailto:numa at comcast.net>>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: To cant or not to cant?
Date: September 3, 2012 5:46:30 PM EDT
To: reflector at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>

That's what I thought. :-(

I have a noticeable cant to the right. I thought that I may have a misaligned firewall (even though I checked it many times up until now). Albert suggested that I check the engine mount and it turns out mine is asymmetric. I haven't done the math to determine how many degrees off center it is yet.

Guess I'll be calling Scott in the morning. :-(

-Don