REFLECTOR: Better roll trim

Geoff Gerhardt geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 19:22:17 CDT 2012

Guys,

The parts from McMaster are shown below.  I just picked the longest belt
they had, since the price didn't go up much per length and I was going to
cut it, anyway, I thought I'd get one long enough so that I might have a
second chance if I cut it too short.

Lou, I'm not sure if it stiffens it up that much.  I'm still a new Velocity
pilot, but it seemed fine to me.  There's quite a range of springs in that
size, so I suspect you would find one that is effective but not too stiff.
 Its possible that it would have worked with the original springs - I went
right to stiffer springs as I found that even pulling the original springs
with my hand, it was not enough to move the ailerons appreciably (and mine
move very freely).  But, on the other hand, I moved the spring attach point
further out the bell crank arm, so maybe in that new position the original
springs would have worked ok (didn't try the original springs in that
position).

Geoff

11375K39<http://www.mcmaster.com/OrdHist/OrdDtl.aspx?custordid=5624800709111&poeid=0828GGERHARDT#>Mxl
And Xl Series Timing-belt Pulley, 1/4" Belt Width, .685" Od, 20 Teeth1
Each10$10.45
Each$10.4521679K683<http://www.mcmaster.com/OrdHist/OrdDtl.aspx?custordid=5624800709111&poeid=0828GGERHARDT#>Trapezoidal
Tooth Urethane Timing Belt, .080"pitch,trade Sz 482mxl,38.5"outer
Circle,1/4"w1
Each10$6.14
Each$6.14