REFLECTOR: Velocity Hotel

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Tue Oct 30 16:03:26 CDT 2012

Great idea, Brett!

Will send you my info. Anyone visiting the Dayton area (voluntarily or not) is welcome at our house.

Reiff Lorenz

Sent from Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Brett Ferrell
Sent: 10/30/2012 4:06 PM
To: reflector
Cc: larry062851 at hotmail.com
Subject: REFLECTOR: Velocity Hotel

I wanted to run an idea by folks.  Larry Parham encouraged me to send this, and it's similar to offers by Terry Miles and others have made (in fact Elizabeth and I have hosted several Velocity builders and owners at our house) as well as the Central States concept of having a listing of potential hosts around the country (or the world).  So....

If folks think it would be of use, I'd create a listing of Velocity/Reflector members who are willing to host you or I while we're out enjoying our airplanes.  I'd put it behind the secure login area so it wouldn't be a "public" listing with everybody and their brother able to call or send you junk mail, but I know I have enjoyed the hospitality of more than one member of this community, and I'd like to pay it forward.

If you would like to offer your home I would encourage you to send me a private note (bferrell at fastmail dot fm ~ obscured for spam! bots, replace the @ and .) with your address, phone, and whatever details you would like (such as you could let someone borrow a car, even if you don't have a guest room, or if you could host a couple but don't have room for kids, are allergic to dogs, whatever) and I will add a "Hotel" area on the Database tab of my website, searchable by city or state, and whatever other useful subdivisions come to mind.  I will also ask Terry if I can include the CSA listing here as well (if I do, I will highlight those folks different so you can tell who are Velocity owners, and who are 'other' canard so you know before you call).

Brett

[http://www.velocityxl.com/images/help/db.jpg]