REFLECTOR: Velocity Hotel

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 15:47:11 CDT 2012

Hi Brett,
Years ago while living in San Diego with the EZ crowd, we had a (physical)
Mailing List called the International Varieze and Canard Hospitality List.
I think I got it right. I don't think it is still active, folks running it:
Al and Mabel Cohen and others were long in the tooth in the early 90's. It
was exactly as you describe and I can't tell you how useful it was. This
was pre-internet so you had to carry your paper list in your bird with you.
We were once caught by a snow storm on a San Diego to League City TX run
days before Christmas and stayed with Shirl Dickey in the Phoenix area for
a while. Another time we lost electrical on the same run SD to LC, over
Tucson and Bob Eckes helped us out in that case. I highly recommend we try
and implement this, and even invite Beagles group of EZ flyers West
Coasters to join. There was an annual fee of something like $5,00 back
then, just to cover printing and quarterly mailings with updated lists (no
web!).  Since you already have a Forum, this might be minimized.
I vote yes and will p-mail you Brett as requested.
Thanks for bringing this up.
Mark Magee
N34XL
Brady TX