REFLECTOR: Velocity Hotel

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Tue Oct 30 15:04:02 CDT 2012

I wanted to run an idea by folks.  Larry Parham encouraged me to send this,
and it's similar to offers by Terry Miles and others have made (in fact
Elizabeth and I have hosted several Velocity builders and owners at our
house) as well as the Central States concept of having a listing of
potential hosts around the country (or the world).  So....

If folks think it would be of use, I'd create a listing of
Velocity/Reflector members who are willing to host you or I while we're out
enjoying our airplanes.  I'd put it behind the secure login area so it
wouldn't be a "public" listing with everybody and their brother able to
call or send you junk mail, but I know I have enjoyed the hospitality of
more than one member of this community, and I'd like to pay it forward.

If you would like to offer your home I would encourage you to send me a
private note (bferrell at fastmail dot fm ~ obscured for spambots, replace
the @ and .) with your address, phone, and whatever details you would like
(such as you could let someone borrow a car, even if you don't have a guest
room, or if you could host a couple but don't have room for kids, are
allergic to dogs, whatever) and I will add a "Hotel" area on the Database
tab of my website, searchable by city or state, and whatever other useful
subdivisions come to mind.  I will also ask Terry if I can include the CSA
listing here as well (if I do, I will highlight those folks different so
you can tell who are Velocity owners, and who are 'other' canard so you
know before you call).

Brett