REFLECTOR: Seat recline

Jack Prock jackprock at wavecable.com
Sat Oct 20 01:28:35 CDT 2012

Each spring weighs about 2 pounds. The covers are plastic so that is negligible.

The bulge at the spring is 1 1/2 inches but on my XL that is above the side conduits,
so they don’t interfere. The lowest part of the hinge has a small spring for the lever,
and that adds about 3/4 of an inch. Before committing to them, I glued them in place and
made sure they would fit.

This on an XL, so your mileage may vary, never tried them in an SE.

>From the keel, I have 3/4 of an inch space between the seat and the keel. And this pic shows
the measuring tape touching the keel and out to the edge of the fuselage.