REFLECTOR: Interesting Reminder (Here's what I saw0

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 17 12:49:50 CDT 2012

He made a nice approach to landing and pulled the throttle which set off his gear horn.  He then pulled up raised the speed brake, cranked down the nose gear while wandering left of the runway.  He turned back toward the runway, re-deployed the speed brake, stalled the canard and hit the ground before he could recover.  My experience doing go-around in a pusher is a lot different than a tractor.  In a tractor you get instant extra lift from the prop wash but with a pusher the lift doesn't happen until the plane has time to accelerate.  Not going to happen 20 feet in the air.

Larry Coen
N136LC