REFLECTOR: 8.5 volts, 900mA motor

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 19:46:31 CDT 2012

Hi Rene,
DC motors -normally- work OK on a fairly range of DC voltage as I recall. For example motors designed for 12VDC will run on a range of say 8 to 16 VDC as normal. A little slower on the lower and a little faster on the higher. I wonder if you wouldn't be OK running that motor on 12VDC? If it is only a motor, I think it will run fine on 12V, if it has a circuit board you will need to reduce the voltage via resistor on the hot side, (sorry I don't have that formula in my head).
Some EE correct this if wrong.

Mark B. Magee
N34XL
Sent from IPhone 4S