REFLECTOR: Flying Magazine - 2009 Velocity accident

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Tue Oct 9 18:59:03 CDT 2012

I don't know.  I doubt any Velocity pilot would suspect flutter at 128
kias, myself.  This was the [LINK:
http://www.velocityxl.com/content.php?1015-2009-N45YV-Olef-Simonsen-Velocity-SE-FG-Katy-TX-1]
Vesta prop accident in Houston.  I believe it's much more likely the engine
mount broke because of the vibration, and the weight shifted such that it
went into a deep stall, but I'm not aware of the factory stating any
position on the cause.  I doubt you could check that after the crash
because I suspect the mount would be fractured by the impact if it hadn't
before.

Brett